Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Massive Lava Flows, March 3, 2018

Lava rivers everywhere- this was definitely the main theme this morning. 
It was a wonderful morning out in the field and most of the activity was down on the flats below Kamoamoa Pali way inside the park. 
Pele was in a great mood and provided a lot of lava. Huge rivers were flowing and there were breakouts below the Pali with very fluid pahoehoe lava. 
Pele danced for me this morning and provided a lot of very fluid and hot lava. 
The hike from the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Parkside was a little bit below 11 miles round trip today, so Pele is for sure on the move.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...