Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Pele's Morning Show, March 1, 2018

Lava March 1
What an amazing day I had out with Tutu Pele. 11 miles, 4 hours plain hiking time round trip, rain on and off, solitude and a lot of lava. This all sums it up what I experienced on my morning out. I hiked in from the National Park again, a great and pretty easy hike if you choose your angle right to drop into the field.



I just started to set up my camera when a huge breakout appeared right in front of me and during the 80 minutes I stayed admiring the view and Pele's latest creations, it advanced at least 300 feet downhill. The breakout was not on a pretty steep part, but there was so much pressure and push from behind, so it advanced a lot. Trees in the long Kipuka were burning and there was still a massive flow up there. 




My original plan was to climb up and see what was up there, but this breakout provided me with so many shooting options that I stayed the entire time and enjoyed it as the only person out this morning. The entire morning rain showers moved in infrequently but the on and off showers were actually pretty nice compared to the downpours I had the entire last week. I couldn't ask for better conditions. 





No one else was around the entire time I was out and I enjoyed the solitude with Pele's latest creations while she was moving forward and rewarded me with wonderful flowing rivers of lava. I couldn't ask for anything better. Pele provided and I sat in awe and admired. It was mesmerizing, it was amazing. I left the scene with a big smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...