Sunday, February 11, 2018

A day out with Pele, December 24, 2017

The days around the holidays are always the best to venture out and pay Pele a visit. So I decided to head back out to the flow and see what was left of the former boundary Kipuka. It was a pretty fast trip out on a clear night and I arrived pretty early.
Activity was all over the place on the Pali as well as inside the park. Rivers of lava were coming down and there were several huge breakouts on the base of the Pali and on the middle part of it. I was literally running up and down all the time in search of the best flows. As daylight came I saw that almost everything of the former boundary Kipuka was gone now. This would take a while to get used to the new scenery and completely changed landscape.


Action on the Pali


Tumulus Mount Breakout





No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...