Friday, February 16, 2018

Happy Anniversary Pu'u O'o Eruption

January 3rd marked the 35th anniversary of the Pu'u O'o eruption. Most of the time, lava was accessible in some way. Pele created and also destroyed. About 54 square miles of land has been covered by lava since then and a lot of new coastlines have been created.
I had an amazing year out at the lava of the 61g flow on the East Rift Zone, originating from Pu'u O'o. Even though my journey was just a little part of the 35-year long eruptive history, it was wonderful to be part of it. The world's most active volcano definitely knows how to put on a show throughout the years.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...