Sunday, September 30, 2018

It's Monsoon Season

Monsoon Season in the Southwest usually lasts from mid-July to mid-September and daily storms could build up any time in the afternoon. Not all storms brought rain or thunder, some just brought amazing clouds and skies.
One of these late afternoons I hiked to the cinder cone volcano behind my house when a nice monsoon storm popped up.


The late light lit up the Hurricane cliffs really nice. I just loved it.
A bit later dramatic storm clouds lit up the sky in a super dramatic way, it was just wow.


After dark, a good light show began and I was able to get a few shots of some lightning.


I definitely have to do better next time. There would be more than one more chance for sure. One of the reasons I loved monsoon season so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...