Friday, March 9, 2018

Pele's Call, February 11, 2018

Pele's Call
This morning I did another trip up to the Pali. For some reason, I really love it up there. A wonderful clear night welcomed me as I started my hike. I felt great. I kept going and going, the closer I got to the Pali, the faster I went. It seemed that Pele was calling me... "come up, come up." It couldn't resist but just kept going. 
Up to the Pali, up to the steep part. Lights were glowing down on the coastal plains, it seems a lot of people were out at the lava flow this morning. An almost crescent moon was hanging brightly in the sky, surrounded by stars. Shooting stars were flying by and their tails left a glowing trail. And Pele kept calling me. I pushed more, I still had several hundred feet to climb. I could already see the glow in the distance, I was so close right now. 
And then I reached Pele's latest creations. Hot rising air welcomed me, as well as a sizzling hot river of lava. Pele let her hair down for me. She smiled, she created, she was there. It was so beautiful and peaceful up there, just me and the flow. Sizzling hot lava, scraping sounds of molten rock moving along cooled surfaces.
 It was mesmerizing, it was beautiful. I'm glad I followed Pele's call on this magical morning.







nice sunrise this morning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...