Saturday, December 23, 2017

Lava October 19, 2017



That's what I saw today while hiking out to the lava. It was a nice day out, lava was pretty active in the field and upslope at the base of the Pali. Cloudy skies and passing showers made it a perfect day to be out, topped by a very vibrant rainbow at the end. The pressure was up and Pele pushed forward this morning, some of the surface flows very extremely hot and fluid. Earlier that morning I measured more than 1600F in one of the breakouts, some spots were probably hotter. It was a nice day to be out and Pele provided some nice flows this morning

#lava #61g #pahoehoe #lavahike


Lava Rivulet

Flow field and night sky




Pele showed me her heart

Me trying to catch the rainbow in the flow field


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...