Saturday, December 23, 2017

Pele's Surprise, October 20, 2017

While I was out in the field shooting lava during a quick trip, there was a huge tube rupture happening right in front of my eyes on the Pali. So I grabbed my gear and ran to the base of it. Lava had already reached the bottom and I was rewarded with A'a channels and super hot and fluid pahoehoe rivers that were coming down in a steep spot. I managed to get footage of the flow front of the A'a, it was absolutely amazing. Pele really gave me a great birthday present, I could not have asked for something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...