Saturday, December 23, 2017

Lava October 9, 2017

That's what we saw today out at the lava. It was a beautiful day with an amazing sunrise and nice thin wispy clouds. Lava was flowing strong at the base of the Pali with some flows still coming down. My group had a great time and enjoyed Pele's creation. 
There were breakouts at many spots simultaneously and it kept going strong while we were out. There was almost no plume cloud at the ocean entry again, but it could also mean that there was a lot of activity.
I might check with the boat captains. 

#lava #61g #pahoehoe #lavahike



Lava sunrise

view towards the Pali

Lava oozing out

Lava toe close-up


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...