Friday, March 9, 2018

A night in Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park during the Lunar Eclipse, January 31, 2018


While everyone was shooting the lunar eclipse tonight, I enjoyed it in my own way.  The moon was way too high in the sky anyway and I did not want to take pictures of the moon in a black sky.  But the view towards Halema'uma'u crater was so beautiful so I went to Kilauea Iki parking lot.  The moon with the layer of fog down at the bottom of Kilauea Iki was for sure a special moment. The moon added a nice touch to the scenery and I used it as an inclusion to the landscape. After dark in the park is always a wonderful experience.


Lunar Eclipse



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...