Friday, March 9, 2018

Pele's Teaser, February 8, 2018

Pele’s Teaser

For days now I saw the massive flows behind the crest of Pulama Pali, where Pele was really teasing me all the time to come and see her latest creations. All the other days did not seem right, but today I decided to climb up. I started early so I would be up on the Pali in the dark. 
It was a fast and steep ascend but Pele welcomed me with wonderful flows. There were tumuli breakouts and fluid pahoehoe flows as well as a widespread area of new activity. It was a long day of scouting but I’m really glad I went. 

massive flows




sunrise high on the Pali



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...