Friday, August 10, 2018

Sunset at Observation Point, June 15, 2018

after my relocation back to Southern Utah it didn't take me long to go on my first hike. I decided to do Observation Point, a great viewpoint hike in Zion Nationa Park, for sunset. In the summertime access to the main canyon is only by shuttle but they do only run until 9:30pm each night.
So I hiked in the easy way from the back side up on the plateau. The hike itself was only about 8 miles round trip and could easily be done in the dark.
It was pretty windy out there so it wasn't the easiest task to take decent pictures. There were lots of high clouds and I was pretty happy about it.
They really lit up like crazy around sunset and I loved the images I was able to get.




I also found a dead tree at the canyon rim. It was a perfect foreground object. 


On my way back I stopped at the Human History Museum and took a shot of the Milky Way. Due to all the clouds, it was only partially visible but it was still a nice shot. It was for sure a great first outing here in Southern Utah and I was excited about my future adventures.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day Hike to Cache Lake, Yellowstone, August 2019

Cache Lake was initially not on my radar on my last trip to Yellowstone in August of 2019. But since I only have a whole list of hikes I cou...